Pray 10: Please read (or re-read) Hebrews 12:1-12 to inspire you!
A chapter in the NT, a few verses in Proverbs and a Psalm each day takes about 5 minutes. Then 5 minutes spent praying through a prayer list then daily keeping the "cup clean" in confession of sin (Gal. 5:15-16 is a contemporary list that could refresh your memory on sins of the flesh and of the spirit) completes a daily "talk to God, listen to God" experience. (FYI: On December 1, we'll add one CH of LUKE each day to walk us through the life of Christ during the holiday season--this exercise takes a minimum of 5 minutes.)
Plan 10: Planning your life is, in essence, managing your time. So this week, whether you continue the 4,2,4 idea (of laying out your day each morning, makings mid-day course corrections, and ending the day with a look at tomorrow), keep in mind that MIN, DIA, WAG (Most Important Now, Day in Advance, and Week-At-A-Glance) are catchy phrases that keep you focused on the goal: managing your time, rather than letting it control you! (Ex: Plan your meals one day in advance, your work-outs one week in advance, leaving "margin" on your calendar for travel time each day, completing ONE more step toward a dream or goal.)
Play 10: Lift (2) Lean (2) Lunge (2) Lengthen (2) Laugh (2) -- more on the call!
Be encouraged to live above your circumstances, love the way you want to be loved, and look good!!!
Becky
Just getting to posting on the blog. Has just been hard. I will pray for you guys if you will pray for me. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteHi, Hugbear and Robbie and Laura
Ok Becky,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you for being my mentor. Never have I been able to get a handle on my daily life and I have been in your group now for this TWO great years. Yesterday, I was unable to hear the call because I promised my son that I would eat Thanksgiving Lunch with him. It was un-like last year....I don't know if you remember but I dread this little get together because all the MOMs at school brag and laugh and tell me about how wounderful they are ... you know..... just seeming so perfect. This year I didn't sit with any of the other MOMS. Just with my son and his new friend. ( Which is one answer to prayer) I wanted to report that this year HAS been different why? Because of what you have taught me. The basics....Pray about it
Plan ahead WOW that is BIG
Play so working out can be fun!
PS note.
ReplyDeleteJust stuck me how Robbie is so close to Our LORD OUR Savior...and how I desire this clossness With GOD/JESUS/HOLY Spirit.
Also, what you said Becky about when you go to the gym you act as if the teacher is your personal trainer. So, I am going to start treating everything you are teaching us as if you are my personal trainer and that you are speaking to me.
yes. Hebrew 12:1-12 and I can read oswell chambers daily....I bought that book last year and need to find it again.
ok THANK YOU to everyone
and the new ladies toooooooo
Mickey, I'm glad you had a better lunch with your son this year.
ReplyDeleteYeah God!!!!!!!!!!
Mickey when you post my heart warms up. I smile thinking of you and the wonderful progress you have made over the last 2 years. I haven't decided what I am going to do for next year. Maybe both the first quarter and then see what God has in mind. I am going to post on this column and then move to the recall in posting.
ReplyDeleteLord, thank you for Becky and her passion to lead us in your ways. Thank you for all the ladies and their desire to please you. Encourage Mickey give her your hope and future. Thank you Lord, that you are rooting for us all to get directions from you. Help us all apply what we have learned this past year and stay the course. We humbly summit to you. AMEN
That's me at 1:41, I switched from hubby's email but it didnt take....
ReplyDeleteLaura (Mrs. Jay).
Laura you are too funny. I wondered who Jay was. My walking buddy just called to say her husband came home early with flowers. So... she won't be able to walk today. I am lacing up my tennis shoes and go for a walk by myself. The goal is 7 for 7. Right!
ReplyDeleteI got everything in yesterday, including a ten minute exercise deal while watching a favorite speaker on TV. I have a book with exercises which they give for physical therapy and am having to work on my own nonfunctioning shoulder.
ReplyDeleteSo sitting and watching TV was a good time to do it. I also did CYL reading, have that yet to do today. I think the 2/4/2 planning is good.
Focusing on keeping my lists more in one place in my daily planner.
Have a blessed weekend all.
Laura/Mrs. Jay.
Ten, Ten, Ten Again discipline helped me the last few days as it has been very busy at school. And, in reading Hebrews 12: 1-12 I am inspired.
ReplyDeleteAs an educator I use constantly the words "children learn what they live, and live what they learn." Therefore, this reading and reminder to follow Jesus' example was perfect.
I was about 98% successful on the ten ten ten this week.
ReplyDeleteJust maybe missed a couple minutes, but pretty much accomplished each thing each day.
Hi Mickey and all! I have been good about the 10 10 10 but for me it is more like 45 pray, 5 plan, 45 work out. So, I need to get my planning more up to snuff. I tend to do my planning in my head and I don't write it down. I love having music before my quiet time - a time of praise - when I do dance with Jesus on some songs. Luckily, I can shut the door and lock it to our guest room :)
ReplyDeleteThank you too Becky, for all of your guidance. You have helped me tremendously!
Also want to share a link. I took a healthy cooking class recently which taught principles from the Weston A. Price Foundation. There should be a chapter in each state...really good advice on traditional/organic eating and all the fallacies about diet/low fat food.
ReplyDeletewww.westonaprice.org
Week 7- Post
ReplyDelete10min-Pray Days in a row 6 days
10min-Play days in a row 6 days
10min-Plan DIR 4 days
I enjoyed the laugh-lift-lunge
that was fun. Thanks
Also, did keep dishes out the sink 3 days in a Row
Isn't it amazing how having a group like this motivates us to do 3/10's 7 days in a row. I almost made it ... forgot to exercise yesterday. It was on the plan except the grocery store took way longer than I thought. Then when I got home whew...... My planning takes me way more than 10 minutes. My poor illogical mind just doesn't think in a row. I stuck to it but it was super hard. All of your posts inspire me and put great big smiles on my face when I see your successes. Way to go..
ReplyDelete