This is the secret to change--consistent, daily steps toward the goals you have set out for yourself!
The exercises and/or assignments that I give you each week are:
1) To build repetition
2) To inspire confidence
3) To engage your body, mind and soul -- not just one aspect of yourself
4) To bring breakthrough
5) To give you a track record
As you plan 10 minutes a day (whether you set aside 4/2/4 OR set aside 5 for Today, 5 for the future (a project or event), you are building success into your daily life. Planning NEVER hurts, it ONLY helps.
As you pray (at least) 10 minutes a day, you are acknowledging that you are not in control of your life, you are a visitor on this planet, you are in need of supernatural help/advice/direction/comfort. If you run out of prayers for yourself, pray for the sick.
As you play 10 minutes a day, you MUST realize that ACTIVITY is not an option for a healthy body. Making fitness fun is the best way to make yourself stay active--even when you don't feel like it. (More about "health" on the call.)
2011 Group Info:
For those who want to join me next year in BECOMING A HEALTHY AMERICAN WOMEN IN 2011, I am offering the same levels of online group (quarter or year) members (click here) or 3 levels of 1-to-1 coaching (month, bi-month, weekly) (click here) with a 10% discount for Early Birds. The Series will cover 3 Non-Negotiable Traits, 3 Daily Commitments, 3 Unwavering Convictions, 3 Compelling Roles of a "Healthy American Woman."
For those who are determined to read through the Bible in One Year--join me in 2011 for a weekly group (no coaching)--just click here for more information or to register (register with or without a bible). Early Bird saves $25.
Be encouraged,
Becky
I'm really grateful that this is all about essentials........things we need to be doing, brought down to a level we can put into practice easily. I had another let down today, the ministry I thought I might be doing something for, says I dont have enough experience (5 years leading their courses).
ReplyDeleteI'm disappointed. My Mother thinks I am just too overly involved, not realizing that Bible study is what really really interests me.
But, I have to admit I need to get back to these kind of essentails, these kind of basics.
Just living life day to day and applying these, is Christianity at it's foundation.
...sorry for the typos...long day...
ReplyDeleteJeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
ReplyDeleteBecky asked the ? what struck you when you listened to the call? The first, was the power of prayer with the quote from Bonhoffer, " A day with out morning and evening prayer and intersession is a day with out meaning or importance." (I hope I got that right) Don't I want my days, my life to have meaning and importance? When I look back on the year and the prayers I have offered up to the Lord and his gentle nudging back in my life I thank Becky for doing this for 26 years. We are blessed to have her helping us to be all that God wants us to be. I felt a little sadness that Becky doesn't have that mentor in the form of another women pouring encouragement and guidance into her life. Knowing this gives me hope, in some strange sort of way,because it is God who has built her up and given her courage to start this group to be for us what she herself didn't have. (with the exception of hubby). For those of you who didn't make the call this will not make sense to you. Prayer is the essence of importance and meaning to our lives. This week I was 7 for 7 in the 3 p's. It was the group that propelled me to walk when I didn't want to. Planning, although I did it continues to be a struggle. My piece of paper with the plan looks like a mess. My brain just doesn't seem to think in a logical straightforward way. I get frustrated and discouraged with being over 50 years old and not having a handle on it. So....prayer adds meaning, and the rest follows. I am building repetition which is inspiring confidence engaging my body, mind and soul. this is going to give me a break through in the planning giving way to a track record of 7/7/7. the number 7 in the bible means complete. Wow, complete in Christ. not just one aspect of myself but complete. Thanks Becky you are truly a blessing in my life.
I am a disciple who requires discipline:
ReplyDeleteintercession, movement, an agenda.
Pray, play, plan.
A surgery set me back a few days, but I am back on track: even if it is walking around my living room for a few days.
Keep coaching us, Becky!
Definitely decided, my ten minutes of Play means I need to work in more than just our daily walk.
ReplyDeleteI am having really bad arthritis problems lately, so some medical appointments are in order too.
My Planning--need to narrow down all my lists.
Yes, I know I have said that before. I'll probably be back next quarter working on the same issue! One day I hope to get it.
Prayer--reading my CYL Bible and journaling ten minutes in addition to my Bible study homework and other prayer time.
I'm still trying to get all three in one day...not quite making it yet.
I've decided I need to concentrate on these essentials, and pressing on toward God instead of always looking for ways to serve.
I've become too complicated and need to narrow down and focus on my heatlh, my home and my time with Him above all.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
ReplyDeletePhil 3:12-14 (NIV)
Laura, thank you for that reminder to press on toward Jesus. I needed that today. Somedays I think I will never get this list thing. I plan and write lists everyday. Yesterday, I found what I thought was going to be a great computer list writing tool. Condensed 3 paper lists to the computer. At the end of the day couldn't find the list. I was so discouraged, thinking why do I work so hard to get so little done. Well, I went back to Becky's blog and thought just keep on trying one day I will get a system that works. Thanks again, I so appreciate those of you that share your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI read this the other day and it cut straight to my heart: "You can be so caught up in "doing the work of the Lord" that you neglect the Lord of the work. When you function in the outer court without first spending time in intimacy with God (drawing near, worshiping, abiding in Him, receiving His annointing), you minister in the flesh which profits nothing for eternity." Sylvia Gunter, "Prayer Portions". The month of October I was in a huge battle because I wasn't spending my regular quiet time with the Lord. It was as if I couldn't sit still to read my Bible. Thank God He woke me up and showed me the truth. I had to get on my face and cry out to Him. It was painful but now, I am so grateful. I am taking it one day at a time now. I don't ever want that to happen again.
ReplyDeleteI have been maintaining my weight, Thank you Lord! I have added deep breathing and stretching to my "playing" which I really needed. I too have difficulty planning consistently. When I do it, it is great. I have been talking to my son about looking ahead for the week on Sunday nights. But then I thought, you are a hippocrite...sooo, I am going to sit down with him and we will do our calendars together. Again, one day at a time for me!
Thanks Hugbar,
ReplyDeleteYou are right on about just taking it one day at a time.
thanks.
Pray, Plan, Play brings joy to my heart. Reading and studying the bible every day, the weekly calls and assigments help me further study. And, of course, the assignments help me add the plan and play into my daily life. Not yet into posting blogs every week, with some more prayer and planning I may be able to help it become my play. Thanks for your patience and support Becky, and the group.
ReplyDelete