Pray 20: The Word of God is your instructor, making you wise. It is your counselor, revealing the lies of Satan. Spend your time with God to get His marching orders, courage, insights, and counsel. Reread Psalm 119:97-98, 100-101, 111-112. Please add ONE CHAPTER OF LUKE to your time with God each day during December. It takes time to read, especially CH 1--Fabulous way to immerse yourself in the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus!
Plan 20: Remember 2009? Saving money, calories and time is never out of fashion! Consider the holiday gifts that don't cost money. Consider ways to spend your time, not your money on/with those you love. Be generous with those you know need the most. Watch what you eat every day and enjoy a little extra two times this month--not 10 times!
Play 20: Get on the treadmill, walk outdoors, go to a mall or track and walk, put on an old VHS tape and laugh your way through a workout! 140 minutes a week--a must if you want to get and stay healthy. Remember, endorphines are released as much as calories are burned!
Be encouraged,
Becky
Extra credit: Read II Peter 1:5
I love Psalm 119:111 and 112 "Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end." Oh, to have that kind of passion to be in God's Word consistently every morning and to obey God no matter what the consequences! Amen, Lord--may it be in all of our lives.
ReplyDeleteLuke 2:51 " And his mother stored all these things in her heart."
ReplyDeleteThis is my second year reading Luke during December. I am in awe how this transforms me. I was struck how much praising was going on in just the first 2 chapters. Praise God from all blessings flow!
Had to have some dental surgery yesterday, so I am behind a bit in reading.
ReplyDeleteThere was so much in chapter 1, I could probably spend an entire month on that alone!
I liked observing the people involved, and the prayers and prophecies.
Glad you had us do this again this year Becky.
New ladies, hope you are doing well and having a blessed quarter.
Planning: spent 20 minutes putting everything on my December calendar. Knowing how busy this month will be helps me schedule some down time for pray and exercise.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit confused about the coaching series available. Which direction should I go next.
Is it best to sign up one quarter at a time?
Revisiting the Christmas story in Luke is inspiring.
I've decided to do the 2011 series by quarter.
ReplyDeleteI do hope though that the reading the Bible course attracts many many people, and Becky I hope you let us know how it's going.
It was hard deciding between the two courses!
I am pretty sure that I will be doing both. I started reading the CYL bible in 9/09. It is truly transforming to hear God speaking to me daily. I certainly can grow from being a healthy Am Woman. I would like to mentor other women in this area and Becky certainly is a great role model. I haven't signed up yet. So I am with you Laura, taking it quarter by quarter.
ReplyDeleteWell, I am working on tomorrows list. I am glad we are doing Luke, puts everything in perspective.
Pray: working on Luke at 2 right now
ReplyDeletePlan: I plan to do both the Bible and the Healthy am. Woman. Just need to keep on getting better.
Play: Did walk 4x's this week not yet at 10,000
still working on it.
need to read 2Peter
Love you guys.
Just wanted also to Comment on: 2Peter 1:5
ReplyDeleteJesus Promises us in 2Peter 1:4
That you...will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in his divine nature.
I have never read this before and Thought that this is good to remember. Also, Becky is like Peter, 2Peter1:12
I plan to keep on reminding you of these things---even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth.
Thanks for reminding us all Becky.
Bev Iowa
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Prayer.
Last night, I almost wrote a post that said,"Mickey where are you?", but instead I prayed that you would be encouraged. Mickey, when I see your posts they put a smile on my face. Oh, to share in God's divine nature. Amen We certainly are blessed to have each other and Becky leading us on even if we have heard it over and over. For me, I have to have lots of practice to get certain things. Praise God that he takes us where we are and patiently guides us where he wants us to be. Glad to hear that your on board for 2011.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading tomorrow's assignment and pondering....
ReplyDeleteIt seems like I am changing my goals and plans midstream every other day.
I would wager I spend more time than most people I know, trying to find God's path for myself but I dont share it with anyone because the story gets too long and complicated.
I dont know if this happens to anyone else, but I seem to be re-working my life on paper every week or two.....
:-I.
Welcome to the club, Laura.
ReplyDeleteIt was hard to select from the 2 series for next year. I thought about doing both but decided to do one and do it well. I started off strong this year and then slacked off when I was gone a couple of weeks on vacation. After that I couldn't seem to catch up or make myself stick with it. Next year I am going to commit myself to starting off strong and sticking with it all year. Disapline is not one of my strong points but I am really going to work on that and keep a notebook to track my progress. I do read my Sacred Obsession Devotional and CYL Bible every day so I signed up for Healthy American Woman!
ReplyDeleteCarol, I had to do that too so look forward to seeing you in that group.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I had my arthritis support group meeting today (secular not Christian).
Was able to give mention of the HA woman group to that group in our roundtable discussion time today.
Usually I think I am not doing enough for the Lord, then He reminds me why I am in the groups I am in. Giving back, giving out to others.