THIS is such a special week! As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, my hope for each of you is to open your heart--in new ways--to God's presence and open your ears to His voice. He wants to meet you personally, to give you hope, to heal your hurts, to hold you close. Don't miss the powerful, life-changing presence of God in every Christmas hymn or Gospel reading this week! Soak it up. Take it in. Hold onto it.
Over and over, I am reminded--especially by my friends who are living through difficult situations (spouses with cancer, loss of loved ones, job loss, or children who are experiencing setback)--that those who maintain a disciplined rhythm of life also experience a great deal of God's peace and presence. Let me explain...
PRAY: Those who are suffering tell me that by holding onto to time alone with God, they find the courage and strength to get through the most difficult of times. Very often, I receive emails or calls from people telling me that the habit they previously built (of talking and listening to God daily) during easier days and more normal times became their foundation during the difficult times. We never what tomorrow holds, but we know who holds it, yes? Never let busyness steal away alone time with God.
PLAN: Believe it or not, I was a major procrastinator for the first half of my life! Only after I began to pray one hour a day, did I start to change my sanguine personality weaknesses (tardiness, procrastination, inability to finish a project, anxious over-eating, etc.). It's true! I had never written a book, finished my college degree, or kept weight off UNTIL I began to pray--but once I got alone with God, He began to harness my temperament, appetite, and turn my dreams into goals with deadlines. If God could do this for me, He can do this for anyone! One day at time, God's plan will come through your time alone with Him--and you will get your "marching orders!" Turn your marching orders into TO-DO's and you are on your way to a new life!
PLAY: Exercise releases endorphines. Exercise reduces stress. Exercise burns excess fat and calories. Exercise improves our cardiovascular system. Exercise is known to fight against disease!!!!!!! Exercise--even walking 10 minutes twice a day--is beneficial to your overall health: better sleep, healthy weight, lower cholesterol, and heart and bone health. It has been reported that most people gain 2-5 pounds between Christmas and the New Year and never lose it. Be intentional about regular exercise every week of the year, especially during the holidays!!!
You are loved!
Be encouraged,
Becky
Merry Christmas, Becky. Have a wonderful holiday, even with the pooch.
ReplyDeleteHave a joyous blessed Christmas, quarter four friends!
ReplyDelete