Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1, 2010

Welcome newbies! Please introduce yourself by sharing one unique fact about yourself and why you joined this group for this quarter.

Welcome oldies (just kidding), but goodies! Please share what you hope to gain from this quarter in one sentence:)

Our first call will be on Wed., October 6th and you will receive call info next week. Please be sure that Freeconference.com is a safe sender!

We will immediately be challenged to incorporate a 5/5/5 routine (15 minutes for the month of October) into our lives. so start looking now for ways to do this (get up earlier, slip out of your normal lunch hour for 15 minutes alone, etc.)

Be encouraged!

Becky

Because this series will follow the 8 Daily To-Do's, you might want at least 90 days of journal entries! If you want to use the Change Your Life Daily Journal, we are offering a special to LCBR Group members only of $10 each for 2 CYL DJ, plus shipping $7.50. Call Reggie at 800.444.6189.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    I hope I am posting in the correct place for what you requested. I am looking forward to the next few months. I am hoping for a life altering experience and that by Christmas I will really have my act together. My "fact" - I homeschool my children and run a local homeschool group of about 100 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All: Back for another quarter. Focus: Putting God ahead in my schedule, so other things fall in their proper place.
    A special welcome to the new ladies! If you have any problems with the blog posting, just ask and the 'oldies' are more than willing to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Psalm 73:24 says, from yesterdays reading, "God guide me with your counsel leading to a glorious destination." I want to gain a deeper understanding of how a life sold out to Jesus Christ looks like: to have tools that give me balance and a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a Newbie and excited to be a part of this group. I joined because my life is out of balance. I never seem to have the time to do the things I need to do including having a consistent prayer life. I am the mother of two children -- a 10 year old and a nine year old. I have a blog that I never post to and I started my own business this year as an interior decorator/design consultant but I don't spend the time I need in it to see any growth. My hope in joining is to learn what it really means and looks like to put God first in my life everyday and to gain some much needed time management skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everyone,
    I participated in one of these with Becky about a year ago and am back because I liked the title, "Plan, Pray, Play." I am hoping to gain a few more tecniques to keep me praying daily. I am a financial advisor for the last 25 years and have been blessed with a beautiful 10 year old boy and a husband who is a 10 year old boy also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. From a returning oldie, I hope to balance my life with ideas from Becky and support from the group as we pray, plan, and play.

    Blessings to all oldies for returning, thanks to all newbies joining our group. Gratitude to Becky for your patience with each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From another "Oldie" I hope to really get into the planning. I really need the support to make myself do planning ahead. Becky is good at cracking the whip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm Julie and this is my first time in a group like this and I'm excited to encourage others and be encouraged! I am a single mom (by choice through adoption) of a 5 year old daughter (her birthday was today!) and I run a home child care so I can be home with her. So, basically, I'm exhausted and am seeking the Lord for refreshment as well as what He would have me to do in the future. Becky's tips on prayer today were extremely helpful and I look forward to kneeling and dancing! I also loved hearing the word "Stretch" and I could almost hear my neck and shoulder muscles shout, Wahoo!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie: Hi, and welcome to the group!
    I was just going to write that I thought today's call was wonderful, and loved the prayer tips! So you beat me to it!
    We're blessed to have you join us, and if you need any help just ask us oldies....but goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that the call was wonderful and I have been missing in action from the group so I am an oldie but a newby. I am looking for balance and accountability. I am a wife, mother, grandmother and I work as a nurse. I changed my career this year and I am no longer a nursing manager. It is wonderful to be responsible for only your own actions instead of being a manager for other nurses. However, with the job change came weight gain, and some self reflected needed changes. So I am looking forward to this time in God's word and from each of you and of course from Becky. One thing that is fun for me is that I have a new puppy, Tori, she is six months old, a west highland terrier. So like Julie said, my body said Wahoo when I stretched this morining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    I been listening off and on all year to the playbacks. This quarter I want to stay up to date and maybe even listen live with you all at least once.

    I lead a rural based regional community foundation and travel a lot. My schedule changes every week. This 5-5-5 should really work for me. Thanks Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too am a returning "oldie". Becky has been and continues to be a wonderful inspiration in my life helping me with balance and accountability (something I really struggle with due to lack of self disapline). Sometimes I listen to the call backs 2 or 3 times during the week when I need reinforcement.Everyone's blogs are so helpful at keeping me motivated.I do read my Bible and spend time talking and listening to God everyday and I am looking forward to another inspiring quarter to bring me closer to God.

    ReplyDelete