Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week Two: Keep it UP -- 5/5/5

This week's assignments are designed to give you variety in your 5/5/5 -- unless, of course, you prefer no variety. Yes, you read that correctly. Based on your personality, you will either be bored with the same 'ole 5/5/5 or you will feel more comfortable not having to "change up" the pattern from last week.

Your goal this week is to KEEP IT UP. Strive for 7 days of praying for 5 minutes a day, planning 5 minutes a day, and playing 5 minutes a day. Developing a new habit takes at least 60 days, not 21, by the way! My goal this week is to give a few more "new" or "recycled" ideas (depending on how many and which groups you've joined of mine) that will inspire you to make a little change in the way you pray, plan, and play so that you will see big results.

PRAY 5 ONE MINUTE ideas:

1-Paraphrase one Psalm each day, making it your personal prayer.
2-Be grateful--make a "Thank You" list of those things that come immediately to your mind.
3-Pray on your knees for someone who is sick as if they were your own...
4-Find a scripture that you can pray for others and post it on your bathroom mirror (ex: Col 1:9-12)
5-Pray for a neighbor by name (and if you don't know any names of neighbors, find out this week!)

PLAN 5 ONE MINUTE ideas:

1-Sticky pad chores-- time your tasks and record (I'll explain on call).
2-No dishes in sink -- rinse and load or wash and dry.
3-Fold or hang clothes when you change each day.
4-Charge your phone or computer each night (take the time to do so).
5-Clean out car of any cups, wrappers, or receipts when you get to work or home.

PLAY 5 ONE MINUTE ideas:

1-Climb ANY steps today (at work or home or at the store).
2-With praying hands, press.
3-With clasped hands, pull.
4-Sit and Stand (I'll explain on the call).
5-Stretch to the sky, circle to the right with knees slightly bent, stop at floor and hold; reverse.

Okay everyone! Get busy.

Be encouraged,

Becky

11 comments:

  1. Psalm 77
    Please listen to me Lord. I've got problems.
    I have questions. Will I ever find your favor again? Will you reject me forever?
    Lord, I remember the things you've done; all the times I've seen your favor, blessings, miracles.
    You have rescued me many time. You walk with me, you guide me. I will praise you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that Psalm.
    I lost one of my little part time jobs today, and needed that this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, after the call, I had a doctors appointment in which I could not eat beforehand. On the way home I still had to stop at the pharmacy and boy was I hungry, oh there is a cost co I will stop and pick up one of those polish sausage. I kept on driving because of what Becky said. It is not honoring to God to feed our bodies food that isn't good for us. White flour and fat ridden sausage isn't good for me. I am glad to have the reminder.
    Then tonight it was 5:30 and I hadn't exercised. I put on some tennis shoes, grabbed my cell phone and off I went. It was on the plan walk and call mom. It was Becky's comment to make it the 7 days that did the trick of keeping me on task. Gentle reminders with big results.
    Laura, I was sorry to hear that you lost one of your jobs. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all. Thank you Robbie for the prayers.
    Doing pretty well with the five minute prayers, as I stated last week.
    The Play part, well doing very well with daily walking thanks to that adorable new puppy who still doesn't know how to get tired and sleepy and go to bed! We try to walk nightly for her. I am having great problems with arthritis lately, so the stretches are good but I am still not finding the time and getting to them. I need to!

    As for planning, now that I am going to go back to my online writing job, and still have my two businesses plus one other online job--I need to focus. My house is messy, and I am not yet timing these things all out so as to accomplish everything in a day that is important.
    I'm praying, trying and working on it!

    Hope you are all doing well, and would love to hear how others are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't you know it? I ran out of dish washing soap the very week I chose to have NO dishes in the sink. Does any other soap work: liquid hand soap? shampoo? laundry detergent? Oh, well, I purchased three bottles of liquid dish detergent to put extra on my K-Mart shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, I'm praying the Lord will open a better door for you.
    I spent two days at annual mammogram and gynecologist appointment. These require travel and long hours. To allow for play I parked a distance from the entrance, used praying hands while waiting in mamo smock, practiced sit and stand while waiting in exam room. I didn't practice sit and stand in waiting room although I did consider it. Would other patients think I was in play mode or crazy woman mode?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cking in:
    Wow. Laura. I sure know what its like to get a hit. Past weeks I have just about had it with everything. keep getting called in to the office. You know the SEE ME NOW note. I have got to admit that I just stoped praying for a better job. got turned down twice by the same interview team. stopped praying and eating right just didn't seem to matter.

    Realy, I do know it does. but waking up at 4:30AM is just about as early as I can do.
    Trying to keep my head up and just want to quit but decided to call in for 2 days and go see my mom and dad.

    ok. back to bussiness. 5min. Ideas are great. but have to be hosest with everyone as I said befor just about had it with everything. But, will start again today. So very sorry. I don't want to let everyone down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mickey, You DO matter. God loves you.

    Why do you have to be up so early: 4:30 yikes?

    Mickey matters...put that on the SEE ME NOW notes.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mickey, you're just a reminder to us all why we are in this group. I suggest an extra minute praying for the group! I think we all need it and you expressed why.
    We need to cling on togther through these difficult financial times, times of poor health or health of friends and family etc.
    I'll be praying for the group and God's blessings to shine on us and Becky for leading us.
    Love you Mickey and all.
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen and amen. This is our prayer.
    Psalm 31
    I celebrate and shout because God is kind. God saw all my suffering and He cares for me. God kept me from the hands of my enemies and He set me free.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I can relate to what many of you have posted. I have been in a dark spot, isolating and I finally feel like I am on the other side. I struggled with the play, and the plan. After I listened to the call on Saturday, I have had a good time with the Lord. Yesterday, I was off and so I turned on the Christian music and danced at one point I picked up my puppy and danced with her and then threw her ball. I have bad knees but I have been on my knees, praying for my son to get a job. The biggest thing I did was to spend time yesterday, cleaning off my kitchen counter. The clutter was awful and now it feels so nice to be in there. I have been in Gods word, I use the journal that is the 60 day spiral one and I have been faithful to write in it. But I am audibly praying in addition to writing my prayers. So as our second week ends. I am on my way. I also was able to follow my eating plan. Thanks for praying. Becky thanks for the challegne. Blessings Diana

    ReplyDelete