Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week Four: 5, 5, and 5 in Focus!

This week I want you to concentrate on each "P" as a 5 minute activity SO THAT you will be more inclined to add 5 minutes to each "P" next week (and for the month of November).

PRAY -- Talk to God in writing about the ways He is working in your life. Tell Him what you appreciate about Him. Ask Him to forgive you for any way you consistently turn from Him. Pray specifically for each family member by name and wait silently to see if He brings a particular need or request to mind for them (not your usual words). Thank God for the simple things you have in life--if you have health or a home, a job or good friends. Set a time for 5 minutes so that you see if you paced yourself or didn't have enough time. (This will be good to note for the future.)

PLAN -- Take a look at the month of November--lay out a calendar for 30 minutes a day throughout the entire month (in 3 - 10 minute blocks or 6 - 5 minute blocks) and insert the 3 P's: Plan 10, Pray 10, Play 10. The only way to grow/go from 5 to 10 minutes in each area is to plan ahead -- remember, everyday is different...so consider trips, holidays, travel, visitors, days off, and outside commitments that will require you gather materials for prayer or play, set the alarm earlier than usual, or alert guests/family of your routine or food choices. (More on the call.)

PLAY -- Count your steps for 5 minutes -- how many did you get in during that allotted time? Post your results (yes, in a way this is a competition)! Did you know that 10,000 steps a day should be your goal if you are walking for exercise?

Be encouraged to DO IT!

Becky

10 comments:

  1. W4-D1
    Dont be half hearted got me. because I think thats been me. So, I am determined to do 5/5/5 this week and will report about the calender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer request: We're still struggling financially but we had a legal settlement awarded to us and it's enough to sustain us.
    Our lawyer left his firm, and they are literally holding our money hostage because they are mad at him.
    Please pray for God to move. I know I can count on prayers from our group.
    It's physically very stressful to have bills that are past due, while a law office sits on our funding. My dr. said I am too stressed to pay attention to my diabetes properly (type I) and it's true.
    Thanks all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, May the God of Peace give you comfort. Praying for a quick resolution.

    Thursday 503 steps
    Friday 587 steps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for praying! They signed the papers late Friday, after sitting on them for absolutely no reason for over three weeks.
    Probably another week left before this whole deal is over. I do appreciate the prayers.

    Working on my calendar this weekend.
    Not getting those steps counted. Dont know what our nightly walk comes out to. My pedometers appear to be dead, and since I walk with hubby and dogs it is hard to count anything! I'll need to see if I csn get a battery into those things....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ladies, I am taking a chance trying to have clear thoughts while answering the door to trick or treaters. Well, I got my planning done. I feel great as if I can now accomplish the PPP's because they are in the plan. 600 steps for 5 minutes. Feels like not much when considering I need 10,000 steps a day. I just counted out loud while looking at my cell phone so I am not sure if I was that accurate. I was proud of myself today, we stay at a hotel that gives us a "can" of chocolate cookies every time we stay there. I gave it away quickly to my son-in-law. Not even a nibble. Well, I just got a text from my college boy to pray for him so gotta go. Laura, you are in my prayers as well. Signing out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, Your in my prayers also. Have been going through a rough time myself. I've been doing Ok with the 5/5/5. Def need more time for Play, Doctor says I'm overstressed & need more down time, its starting to majorly effect my health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lord God be with all the women of this group. Today, November starts a new day, a new beginning. Be especially with those that have voiced some troubling times. You are with them to guide & protect. Your unfailing love covers us. Today, Lord, when I read todays reading I was overcome with your provision for me, us. Psalm 104 seemed filled with boundaries. Pour out your Holy Spirit on us to give us your plan, purpose and will in our lives. You are a God of Mercy and new beginnings. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ladies, this is my second year with Becky but I have never been able to listen to a live call. I always have to do the recorded because of my work schedule. I do pretty well with listening to the calls and reading comments which are both very inspirational! Please pray for me that I can be much more consistent in the assignments. I am the world's best procrastinator in all areas of my like. I do understand and agree with Becky's "Do it now" just have hard time making myself do it now. For example, I have been doing all the recorded calls and reading the assignments weekly but I have NOT done the assignments nor did I join the group. What is the deal? PLease remember me in your prayers and I am totally open to any suggestions. I do want to do the Lord's will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Everyone! Thought I posted but I don't see it so here goes again. My computer got a bad virus last Tuesday so haven't been able to check blogs. I feel way behind in this group, but I am not giving up!!! Becky's phrases "Non-negotiables" and "Later is not an Option" keep ringing in my head! I'm at a friend's checking this blogspot and will go home, sit down and start working on my November calendar. I must get my prayer life in order. I do home child care right now (single parent of adopted daughter) and I do not enjoy it, so I am seeking the Lord as to what He wants me to do next. So, prayer and spending time listening to the Lord is essential! Thanks, Becky for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete