Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week Three: Later is NOT an Option!

The struggle I see with most of us is that we can't string 2 or more days together of consistency--whether it is eating or exercise or journaling or Bible reading. This week, I want to ask you to plan your entire schedule one day in advance AND assigning a time on your calendar to PRAY, PLAN, PLAY so that you must either do it NOW or do it WHEN? Later is not an option.

PRAY 5 one minute ideas:

1. Confession Session -- Write out Psalm 139:23-24 and respond with the first thoughts that come to your mind.
2. Thanks for your past -- What one past experience has given you a heart for others who are hurting? Post your answer.
3. Kneeling for healing -- Continue to pray for one specific person/family who need miraculous intervention.
4. Look up and lift -- Go outside and lift your hands to the heavens and talk to God about your most pressing concern.
5. Let go in writing -- Whatever it is that weighs heavy on your heart, describe it to God in writing. Ask Him to take it over.

PLAN 5 one minute ideas:

1. Mail control -- Even if/though your mail is a mess, start a mail center with any new incoming mail. Sort daily.
2. Kitchen control -- Keep the counter clean at every meal. Wipe, load, put back, bag, or clip each food item, each meal.
3. Garbage control -- Remove garbage from car and/or work space EACH TIME you get up from your seat.
4. Clothes control -- Fold sweaters and jeans or hang jackets the MINUTE you take them off.
5. Key control -- If you don't have a place for your keys when you walk in any door, decide on one: pocket in purse, hook on wall.

PLAY 5 one minute ideas:

Balance -- On left foot, on right foot -- in front, on side, in back.
Jacks -- Jump or Reach for 60 seconds -- up and down.
Lift -- While sitting, lift a 2-5 pound weight from lap to shoulder, elbows hinged at waist.
Stretch -- clasped hands in front of chest for 30 seconds, behind back for 30 seconds.
Squat -- holding onto a chair, take either a runner or a ballet position and squat down 5 counts, up 5 counts six times.

Be encouraged to DO IT NOW NOT LATER!

Becky

14 comments:

  1. This is the lesson I can certainly use. I spent the day working at my desk trying to get some control of the clutter. I am good at prayer and eating a healthy diet but fall down in the area of exercise and planning ahead. Look forward to the call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got off the call, I went around and found all the things I had just dumped in various places after this morning's Bible study.
    Now if I had just simply put things where they were meant to go, it wouldnt have taken me fifteen minutes to put things away.
    Yes, do it now NOT later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mickey, thanks for the post, such encouragement. This assignment is so doable and what a difference it can make. Yesterday, was a very hard day for me. I had a family crisis I had to deal with and then a full work day. I started the day praising God for all of the challenges and asked him to direct the day. Then I used the weeks lesson to put everything on the list and attach a time constraint to each task. Even the little tasks had a place and time allotted to them. I put things in order (MIN) put the timer and off I went. When Becky's call came in I had my notebook with the # on it ready to go. Later is not an option. At the end of the day, I got on my knees and cried out to God with my praise, thanksgiving that he is in control and will work out his perfect plan in our life (even when we can't see how) I trust that all things do work out for those who put their trust in HIM. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie, You are an inspiration to us all! Thank you for being so open and honest. I have to catch up and listen to the calls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Week Three Pray ideas were obviously prepared and presented for me. Psalm 139: 23-24 has been used for the past year when anger, anxiety, or frustration begins to build in me. Writing it out and adding my personal confessions allow me to move through the day feeling cleansed and enveloping the power of God.

    Thanking for the past is new to me, but is something that I will immediately try. and, letting it go in writing is another idea that seems perfect. Of course, the plan and play ideas will be utilized, but these pray ideas will help me get to the plan and pray.

    thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Psalm 139. God knows when I rest and when I work.

    From my past I am thankful for a loving grandmother who read me Bible stories even when no
    one else in my family attended church. I am thankful for loss that made me sensitive to the needs of others. I am even thankful for wrangling over legal issues that made me wiser. Those difficult times drew me closer to God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Past experience: I have a family member who hasnt spoken to anyone in the family for about 7 years. This happened one other time and that was also 7 years. This grieves my elderly Mom something awful.
    All I can say is, I have met other families (and lots of them) where siblings dont talk to siblings, children have cut off contact with parents etc.
    When I meet these people, I let them know this is not something experienced only by them. It comforts them to know that.
    And I have added this person to my five top things to pray for every day.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone! outStanding comments!

    Getting to each task has helped me stay focused. not on all my problems. but just doing small tasks and working out and praying again. Wanting to be strong in the LORD
    finishing STRONG. Keeping this at the top of my list. Will report more later. LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Laura. I,too, have reconciliation challenges in my family. I wish I could "fix" things, but nothing seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mh: I'm so sorry. My former pastor told my husband sometimes there is simply nothing you can do but pray. We can't fix our situation because there simply is no communication. In fact, we dont know where they moved to and they did move out of state.
    I'll be praying for you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Becky and Prayplanplay sisters in the Lord. I have key control. I loose my keys all the time in my purse. I chose a pocket and it is working. The stretching in the morning is helping. The getting up and praying is working. I added to the planning time, making my lunch the night before. I added stairs to my day at work and walking outside to get to my office at lunch instead of shortcut through the hospital.
    My time on my knees is devouted to my son who needs a job. I pray for the reconcillation of the relationship between my 2 sons. Blessings to each of you. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sisters-in-change,
    May our great God, who Reconciled us all be at work in our group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have asked the ? about my past that has given me a heart for the hurting everyday and come up with many ideas but none that stand out as the ONE. I know what it is like to be poor and not be able to go to school because I didn't have shoes, this gives me understanding for those who are poor. I know what it is like to lose people who I loved deeply which gives me compassion for the grieving. I know what it is like to have cancer and not be able to care for your family this has increased my prayer life and opened my ability to care. I know what it is like to be supported by strangers which gives me the role model to do for others. My past is full of learning experiences that I can thank God for because he uses those experiences to draw me to himself and show compassion for those that are hurting. I am headed up to my mothers house for a few days so I won't be on line. Thanks for your posts, they really do encourage us all.

    ReplyDelete