Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week One: Five Minutes a DAY to Pray, Plan and Play!

This week is the launch of Pray, Plan, Play in our first monthly challenge of spending 5 minutes a day in each area.

Pray: Talk to God and Listen to God
Plan: Laying out--one day in advance--your quiet time, workout, and calls/tasks/meetings for the next day.
Play: Working out--bands, weights, bar, balls, or pedometer counting...activity!

I will give you a variety ideas on the conference call this week, so be sure to bring paper and pencil to take notes, as well as determine what journal and calendar you will use this quarter (such at the CYL Daily Journal) in which you will implement and/or modify these ideas.

To be most successful in this group, you should post a response each week (probably at the same time, to build some consistency), and review other posts to observe similarities or successes that can keep you on track.

Additionally, the goal of each group that I lead is to always start strong and absolutely finish strong. (Only about 20% of the group tends to run the full race.) I consider this is a great trait to develop in every area of your life! (For those who want extra credit, please define "this" for me!)

Be encouraged,

Becky

13 comments:

  1. "This" is making the decision and commitment to go all the way -- give at 100% all the time no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm also thinking accountability is the this.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been stuggling and yet I know the only way out of this depression is to look upwards and let God do the inner work as He transforms me. I often wonder why I revisit the areas I have had success, like regaining weight and struggling with procrastination. Yet I know God's desire is for me to be healthy so here is the commitment to go all the way..give a 100% and achieve the goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I forgot to define this... This for me is accountability, much less, feeling less sad. This is seeing and seeking God each day as I get into His word. This is being more active. This is seeing where and what God will do in my life as I trust Him daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is starting and ending strong. It is also finishing tasks that I have started. Yesterday, I made airline reservations and was just writing down the confirmation # when Becky's little phrase came into my head to finish the task. So I went to my email and was going to print out the itinerary when I noticed that I had punched in the wrong dates. I was able to call the airline and change the ticket without penalties. Finish the task, sure worked in my favor. Loved the reading today Proverbs 24:27 Do your planning and prepare your fields before building your house. Of all the P's Planning is the most challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "This" is allowing myself consistent time to take care of myself first through prayer. This time for prayer and study will be supported through planning and playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week's assignment has gone pretty well for me.
    The biggest accomplishment: I've been praying for about five to six people/situations every day for at least five minutes.
    These are things that simply prayers that need to be said for these people etc. every single day. It's really given me a marker to go by, even if the prayer ends up being longer or moving on to other things.
    Hope you are all having a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just starting.
    need to listen to call and get the assignment.

    thanks everyone for the postings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just seeing your post Mickey puts a smile on my face. So glad you are aboard, Mickey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is staying healthy by being consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jean - Lake Forest, CA
    "This" seems to be the situation at the moment, at least for me.
    I didn't do as well as I would have like, and will try harder this week. It has really been a tough week.
    Thank goodness for Becky's Encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was traveling the past week so I didn't have a chance to post. For me "this" is self disapline. I really have a problem making myself eat healthy and exercise. I think the pedometer counting may work for me. I belong to a gym but rarely go (even though I am paying $100 a month). I am going to really work on self disapline this quarter and get back to working out and gradually cutting way back on sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This:

    My commitment to the group:
    1. Post
    2. Read Post
    3. Be at most of the calls live if not working.
    4. Starting Strong, is a goal
    Finishing Strong, is a desire.

    ReplyDelete